Saturday, October 5, 2013

Day 17 - Weather and Sunbathing Must-Haves

The past two days have been the cloudiest in the past two weeks, which surprisingly, is not that cloudy. It's all relative as all this means is that I sometimes have to wait 5-10 minutes (gasp) for full, direct, non-cloud filtered sunlight. It's really amazing how quickly the weather has gotten cooler in the two weeks since I've been here. When I first arrived, the weather was typically a high of 95 Fahrenheit (35 Celsius) and a low of 80 Fahrenheit (27 Celsius). Now it's a high of 74 (23 Celsius) and a low of 55 (13 Celsius). It's much more pleasant now than it was before. I still have my sweat-drenched moments here in there while sunbathing but the cooler temperatures and a little more wind, it's pretty nice.

Regarding my must-haves for my twice daily sunbathing, here they are with a brief description of how I use it. These are my "office supplies" for my current job:

-krama: This is a Cambodian light scarf so I can cover myself when I go out or come back in for indoor decency purposes. It also gives me great eye coverage when I need to lay down with the sun directly overhead.
-pseudocatalase: Obviously, this is what I apply to my whole body before sunbathing. For those wondering, I would say you would 500mL, or 1 bottle, for about 25-30 days. I will definitely go through a whole bottle during my stay here.
-sun hat: This was more useful when it was hotter, but still gives me a nice shade if I want a little cooler feel.
-water bottle: I fill this 1 liter bottle with Gatorade powder also to give me some flavor and some extra electrolytes to expedite the hydration process.
-portable electric fan: This was useful when it was hotter, but now I mainly use it to ward off flies near my head.
-fly swatter: This is critical for maximum comfort while sunbathing and also a nice hobby to have to pass the time.
-watch: I just use my iPhone clock to make sure I'm keeping appropriate bathing and sunbathing time.
-towel: This is useful to dry off any sweat or water from my body and also provide coverage for any areas that I may not want to get extra sun.
-sunglasses: These are useful, but not something I use all the time. In fact, I usually don't use them.
-sunblock: I do not use this since I have not had to, but it's still good to have just in case I need to use it on overexposed areas.

Tonight was my last Saturday night here. Less than a week to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment