Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Thank You, NYC Support Group and Contact

Thank you to everyone who has visited the site. In less than a month, people from 11 different countries have visited and read the site. Looking at the blog stats makes me thankful and excited to be part of this community. Moving forward, I will only plan to blog for periodic updates to let you know how I'm doing.

I am also looking into starting an in-person vitiligo support group for the NYC Metro area. Feel free to e-mail me (deadseavitiligo@gmail.com) if you are interested or might know of anyone interested. It would be great to connect regardless of your interest level. Also, if you happen to have any questions about my experiences or my blogging, feel free to contact me here as well. I am also extremely open to suggestions on content for future blog posts. If you have a question, others will likely have the same one and it would be great to share with the rest of the community.




2 comments:

  1. Hello,
    Your post is very interesting and detailed. We have been trying to get an appointment with Dr Schallreuter for my husband, he has vitiligo only on the face and has had excimer laser treatments for two years with note great results. Have you had further re-pigmentation since retuning to the US and continuning the pseudocatalase applications?
    Thank you.
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marie,

    Thanks for the comment and for reading. I'm glad to hear your husband has had great results with excimer laser treatments, which is known to have great results on the face.

    Yes, I have had further re-pigmentation in the past 3 months. That being said, it is a very slow process. For example, I'd say I have some areas 1-2 square centimeters that have filled in and several "re-pigmented freckles" that are slowly spreading. Some areas I didn't expect to re-pigment (for example on my upper rear thigh) have re-pigmented while others haven't as much. The hands and the feet have not seen any re-pigmentation. It's quite random, really. Some areas seem to be actively de-pigmenting still, some stable but many re-pigmenting. I am planning to continue for at least a year and likely for more.

    Hope this helps and best of luck. Feel free to reach out further! I'll plan to post more detailed updates at a later time.

    Ed

    ReplyDelete