Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Day 20 - Reflection, Mud, and Jerusalem

Day 20 is in the books. Today made me reflect a bit on the overall treatment. I actually looked at some of the best case pictures of previous patients that have undergone this treatment and I don't have the level of repigmentation that they have in the face. I also don't have as much on the face. I know that the face is the fastest to repigment but I have some melanin in other areas, which is an encouraging sign. I mean, it's definitely small spots, but it's a starting point for the treatment I still need to undergo when I'm back home. Today was also the coldest it has ever been in the morning. When I came out of the water, I was shivering. The afternoon was better but there was a light wind today that nullifies the heat of the sun.

Since I'm drawing near to the end, I also decided to put on the mud from the Dead Sea all over my body. It definitely smells a little stony and tastes very salty. I think it's the solid version of what I do when I get in the water. It's a little difficult to get off but I managed.

Tomorrow is a 1 night trip to Jerusalem. It's a little complicated going through the Hussein/Allenby Bridge in some ways, but it's the closest. Looking forward to the Via Dolorosa, the Four Quarters, the Temple Mount, and possibly Bethlehem.

No comments:

Post a Comment