Sunday, September 29, 2013

Day 11 - Amman and Badminton

Today was my first day of freedom. I went to Amman with another American with a driver we set up through the hotel. It felt so good to do some sightseeing. We stopped by a gift shop then went to the Roman ampitheatre followed by the citadel. The highlight for me was lunch at Hashem. It was the most amazing falafel I've ever had in my life. The dipping sauces were phenomenal and I actually enjoyed eating the raw onion. And there were two types of falafels, one with an onion of some sort inside. It was easily the best meal I've had since I've been here and a welcome change from the same food served at the hotel. Then we went to a local supermarket, Cosmos, and did some grocery shopping. I got some PB&J, which I'm excited to have so I can make my own lunch. It's going to be a good break from the limited food options here.

A fellow traveler has been commenting on the need for additional recreation in the solarium. I definitely agree and we decided to purchase a couple badminton rackets. We were testing it out today but there is definitely something wrong with the birdie. It is deformed and doesn't exactly fly straight. It's something to be addressed.

Regarding the treatment, I think it's a good thing that I can't even remember what day of the treatment it is. Though I have noticed a very, very small pigmentation in areas that already had small pigments. Very, very small. I have seen nothing new. It's very hard to notice unless you've been looking. I've already decided that I don't want to waste too much time looking for little dots. It's healthier too.

The weather in the late afternoon and evenings has been amazing. I feel like it's cooled down considerably since when I first arrived.

No comments:

Post a Comment