Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Day 6 - Unexpected Positives

Day 6 is done. 

I thought I'd touch on a few unexpected positives so far.

1. No mosquitoes
The climate here is hot but so dry. I've seen 1 mosquito during my whole time here. I'm not even sure how it got around here. On the downside, the flies seem to have made up for the lack of mosquitoes. Flies are resilient little creatures. 

2. A nice little balcony in my room
I didn't expect to have a balcony room facing the Dead Sea. It's basically useless for most of the day because it's so hot but at night, it's perfect. It's a great way to avoid the air conditioning of the room and soak in the higher than normal percent oxygen in the air. 

3. Simple and relaxed predictability
It is crazy but I know exactly what I'm going to do at the exact time. I have my routines down. I've scheduled my room cleaning at a specific time. I know when I'm going to be in the water or in the sun. Now I just need to take a side trip or two starting sometime next week to explore more.

Treatment-wise, felt a little itchy on my chest area. But what's crazy is that I have not experienced any sunburn at all. I'm just pink. In any other climate, I'm pretty sure I would be a lobster by now. And this is all with no use of any sunscreen at all. I've also been testing out different ways to get the sun best. I think I've resolved to stand and move around rather than lie down. Lying down actually causes you to sweat more since your body is in contact with a towel and/or a sheet instead of getting fresh air. This causes some of the pseudocatalase to wear off a bit more too. So I've decided to start pacing a bit instead. Now I have to be careful about the angle at which the sun hits my body so it doesn't fry my head or my shoulders.

No comments:

Post a Comment