Thursday, September 26, 2013

Day 8 - Flies, Flies, and More Flies

I'm not sure why, but there seem to be more flies the past day or so than before. The best gift I received so far has been the fly swatter from a previous traveler. I now relish the mere killing of a single fly. It makes the time pass much faster. One of the other travelers even joked he would get me a giant fly swatter when he was going into town today. But I am nothing compared to another traveler. If I were a fly, I would not go near him.

The water has been pretty calm the past couple of days. I could not say the same a few days ago. In the morning, there was some decent-sized waves. I was actually the only person in the water then, but it was also pretty quiet anyways. It made me feel pretty special: it felt like I was the only person in the Dead Sea in the whole world.

I had read that my skin would feel a little softer than usual due to the sea minerals and the pseudocatalase and I would have to agree with that after 1 week. I've also overcome the psychological hurdle of thinking that I'm going to get sunburned. With my skin type, it's not going to happen. I've also gone the full 15 minutes on each side today and I feel good overall. I don't anticipate any problems over the next couple of weeks.

I'm not sure why, but the spaghetti tasted really good tonight. As did the grilled beef, which I threw on top of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment