Monday, September 30, 2013

Day 12 - Peanut Butter and Jelly

Today was the first day I made my own lunch, a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. It was a great way to save a little money and not to be so dependent on hotel food. Hopefully my bread will last for a week or so and if not, I can always grab something from the buffet downstairs in the morning or evening.

The interesting event in the solarium today was the use of honey to distract some of the flies. It was tried in the morning by another traveler and unfortunately, there were not successful results. Apparently, flies might be able to be distracted by using plastic bags filled with water. Who knows. At least I've incorporated "killing flies" as part of my routine in the morning and afternoon, which helps the time go by faster. It's so true that the more you look at time, the slower it goes.

I just got through the first book of the Lord of the Rings. It's good to get my imagination up and running again. It's been a while since I've had to make use of it so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment