Monday, September 23, 2013

Day 5 - Down then Up

I can't believe Day 5 is in the books. Today started off a little slow as I didn't have huge motivation to go down into the water today. There are so many steps to go down to the water then up to the solarium. I counted 68 steps to go down and I think 148 to go up (have to recount). Since my sandals are not made for steps (what sandals are?!) I decided to carry them around so as not to irritate my foot, mainly my left. Today was also down then up because I had a minor existential crisis this morning of "why am I here?" For me, it's normal so no big deal, but still. The treatment plan is so long and I know everyone is so impatient. It's hard to put one foot in front of the other, one treatment in front of the other and say, "let's focus on what happens a year from now and look forward to that time."

My skin felt pretty good today. I decided to go 7 minutes on each side and there was definitely less itch (though minorly still there). I decided to change things up a bit by using my portable fan more, wearing sunglasses in the water (definitely helpful), and decided to be more aggressive about swatting the flies. I think I killed 5 flies today, which I'm happy about.

Today I had my "special" juice this morning an hour later since the chef was waiting for a delivery of fresh carrots. No biggie. I wonder what my body looks like at the cellular level compared to how it usually looks. Hopefully there's a lot of positive stuff happening that I can't see.

A discovery I made was regarding "Emily's Story," a story written by the father of Emily, who has vitiligo. Apparently, he used a gluten-free diet and she seemed to have a really good response. Unfortunately, the link is not working. I wonder if they decided to just focus on selling the paper copies instead of allowing all the content to be free on the web. I may check it out if I have time.

No comments:

Post a Comment