Saturday, September 21, 2013

Day 2 - A Little Community

I just finished Day 2 of my treatment. This means I am about 10% there. I noticed that I have a nice pink color in some areas but am still waiting to get a little bit of pink into others. The hands, for example, are going to be difficult, but I did notice a very faint pinkness to them, even after only 2 days. In talking with another vitiligo patient here, I realized my regiment is a really good guide for first timers but there are advanced techniques and contortions that I need to do specific to me and my body’s lesions. The spot under my right jaw bone is going to require some posing as will some spots on my arms and my hands. The goal really is to get pink all the visible spots.

I thought I was getting better at navigating the Dead Sea but I got a ton of salt into both of my eyes on one trip. That hurt a lot. It’s tough also because you can’t wash it out with your hands, which will only make it worse.

I’ve gotten to know a few of the other patients here as well. It’s great to share stories and have a small community. The first guy I met is actually leaving tomorrow, but there’ll be a group of 12 from Germany coming in tomorrow. One of the quotes I liked from tonight was “There’s a fine line between being pink and being sunburned.” Hopefully I’ll get to meet and know some of them during my time here.

No comments:

Post a Comment